Monday, 3 November 2014

...and elves

And these are the counterparts to the Men of Numenor that I posted yesterday, I remember on my original 8 from many years ago using silver spray paint sprayed in to a plastic cup to be able to do all the silver areas, I hadn't bought the first magazine and so didn't have the little pot of silver that came with the goblins and I was an impatient teenager!


Needless to say it was a nightmare, fortunately I haven't had to resort to that since and my newer set of 16 have had much better treatment as is evident (hopefully!)

I am a bit of a fan of the elves of lord of the rings, I've got around 50 of these guys, 24 wood elves and 30 odd Galadhrim plus a number of heroes to go with them. Sadly, like the Numenorians, not enough of them are painted but that's something I~'m working on, I doubt I'm alone in this respect.

As I mentioned yesterday these models are some of the models that got me involved in wargaming in the first place. I am  massive fan of Peter Jackson's interpretation of the Lord of the Rings and whilst I don't think it's perfect, and I may go in to that another time, I think his visualisation, particularly of the elves, is second to none.

And of course I am grateful for the Perry twins accurate sculpts, helping to bring one of the most iconic scenes to my tabletop.

As always you can see more pictures over on my commission site here.

If you have any suggestions of things you'd like to see me paint or if you have any comments or critique please leave a comment below.