Thursday, 13 November 2014

"If by my life or death I can protect you, I will."

'You have my sword'

'And you have my bow'



'And my axe!'




three very iconic characters, during the release of the Lord of the Rings Games Workshop made an enormous variety of sculpts and variant poses, particularly for Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, these particular sculpts are the ones that were issued through the Deagostini part magazine (as well as in their shops) which I spent all my pocket money on a subscription to when I was much younger.

Of course these aren't my original trio but hopefully they look much better than my painting did when I was 11(!), I particularly like the sculpting of the faces, there's a lot of detail there and it's very true to the actors themselves, I like Legolas especially, he's very plain, no armour, no cape just his bow.

I have a lot of Aragorn and a couple more Legolas and Gimli sculpts which I hope to get painted and feature at some point but for now these are the ones I love and use. Hope you like.