Monday, 24 November 2014

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door."

"You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

As I've probably expressed, more times than is possibly reasonable, The Fellowship of the Ring is, without doubt, my favourite of the trilogy, I'd go as far to say it is my favorite book period.
It should come as no surprise that it's long been a consideration of mine to paint myself a complete colection forces in the Fellowship of the ring journeybook (the cover of which is below).
With the time ticking down on the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge blog (currently 10 days 22 hours, as a write, till kick off) It was whilst considering what on earth am I going to paint over the next few months that it dawned on me!

What a perfect opportunity to get this long thought about project not only started but finished too. With great trepidation I sat down and calculated the points I could gain for the remaining models I needed to paint, as luck would have it the total is around 520 points, my personal target is 500, super!

So what can you expect to see on my blog over the winter? The models highlighted are those that I have yet to buy (or have some but not all of), If anyone has any of these and would like to sell or trade with me please get in touch!

Gildor Inglorion 
Mounted Arwen and Frodo
Tom Bombadil
Goldberry
9 Dunedain
unarmoured Haldir
Witch King of Angmar
8 Ringwraiths
3 mounted Ringwraiths
18 Wargs
Warg Chieftain
2 Goblin Captains
a Cave Troll
a Balrog
4 Barrow wights
a representation of a Watcher in the Water
Lurtz
an Uruk Hai Captain
and 18 Uruk Hai Scouts

I think that's it, now I just have to persuade the wife to let me spend a few pennies on the bits I don't yet have...any ideas?!