Tuesday, 25 November 2014

“Some of my kin look just like trees now,

last year I married my very lovely wife, I don't think I told her when we began to date that I played any table top games, I think she probably realised when she came over to visit and ended up sharing a room with a 6x4' gaming table. Fortunately by then I think she already loved me. Probably.
Imagine my surprise when it turns out she likes Ents! or Treebeard to be precise, and had one of the plastic models sold in places like woolworths (when it was still on the highstreet). Of course I had to show her my own Ent which I had bought and painted in 2009.

I think it's a great miniature because it shows that you can do a decent job with a handful of paints and a couple of washes in a very small amount of time, I think lord of the rings is so much more accessible to new painters and gamers alike than Fantasy or 40k that it's a shame GW don't push it more.

what's been your easiest model to paint and why?