Tuesday, 4 November 2014

'The Wood Elves of Mirkwood are not like their kin'

Well, I don't particularly know whether these are Mirkwood wood elves or Lorien wood elves, and I'm sure they could be used as either, but they are definitely wood elves and they are definitely not the same as the high elves of yesterday. This is for many reasons, but mostly because they are unpainted!

I've got 8 bowmen on my tray at the minute, the other 16 models from the old 24 figure box were painted quite a few years ago now. I've had these last few sat in my case at the stage of painting they appear in this picture. Fortunately I keep a record of all the paints I use making it easier to complete repeat commissions or for that far too frequent occasion where I do a bit of hobby butterflying.

In the Background you can see two of the completed elves, hopefully this gives you an idea of what they'll look like when they're finished, they're pretty basic paint jobs but then the models themselves are nothing special, especially In comparison to the new mirkwood elves box released for the hobbit (although comparatively much cheaper...)

Sadly I've not got any of these as part of my collection (yet), giving up work has certainly limited my spending and I've been largely spending any available money picking up metals before they go OOP. Having said that I made a stop off to my local GW Northampton to pick up a few paints and ended up walking out with my first 'The Hobbit' models, I'm sure they'll feature in a blog soon enough.