Monday, 1 December 2014

Showcase - Fell Wargs

 Wargs are canine beasts of Middle-earth in the Misty Mountains, used especially by Orcs of Isengard and Mordor in the Third Age. They are used by orcs as a form of transportation, in the same manner that Men and Elves use horses. They appear first in The Hobbit, attacking Thorin and Company as they traveled east from the Misty Mountains. In theFellowship of the Ring Wargs attacked the Fellowship as they traveled to Moria. That they were Wargs and not ordinary wolves searching for food, Gandalf remarked, was evident from the fact that the carcasses of the dead Wargs were gone the next morning. Later, during Theoden's retreat to Helm's Deep in Rohan, a scout reported that wolf-riders were abroad in the valley, but Wargs were not mentioned.

-lotrwiki
Randy Blood's grey wargs were a huge source of inspiration for these, I wanted to paint my Wargs grey when I bought them and I'd been looking around for some inspiration when I saw his blog post.


I chose slightly warmer more earthy greys to paint my Wargs and I think that shows in some of the shots above where they look more brown at certain angles.

The Keen eyed will spot that I've only painted four whereas there are six in the box, which I covered in a video review and unboxing a couple of weeks ago, This is because I have something a bit more special planned for the other two but I'll be keeping you in suspense a bit longer before I reveal what's become of those little pooches!

Please comment, subscribe and share, Thanks for taking a look!