Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Showcase - The Witch King on horseback

Well I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas filled to the brim with miniatures and general wargaming related goodness. I certainly did! But getting back in to the swing of things post Christmas has been hard, does anyone else feel like their life gets progressively more difficult, jam packed and hard to squeeze a spare 5 minutes out of? Good, so it's not just me then...

I've not even had much time for painting but I have managed a few bits and bobs this year, one of those is the Witch King on horse, the original metal model, It is, of course, now out of production but I managed to pick him up on ebay for less than a tenner which is a bargain considering I paid about £2 more than the original price.

I'd definitely recommend him as a model worth adding to anyone's collection, He's a pleasure to paint and has a fantastic pose, full of menace and general wraith-y goodness.




He is not my only mounted Ringwraith, I have another 3 of the original metals for him to lead, they just need a little paint...

Whats to come in 2015?

I've got some painted Uruk Hai scouts to show you all as well as Arwen and Frodo on horseback. I've also been working on a paint guide section for this blog where I'll be uploading my paint schemes that I use for each model so you can give them a go at home. I'll be adding to my youtube channel with some let's paints when I get a chance to do some filming.

Thanks for all you're kind comments and critique in 2014, I'd love for you to keep coming back this year too.